Keystone Science School Day Camp
Unique programs that provide customized options for campers of all ages:
• Day Camp - A summer weekday program for children ages 5-11.
• Introduction to Discovery Camp - A shorter preparatory version of our residential overnight camp
program for ages 5-10.
• Discovery Camp - Our popular overnight camp program, offered in week-long sessions. For campers
• Counselor Assistant Program (CAP) - For older campers (ages 13-17) who want to experience Discovery
Camp in a slightly different way - as leaders.
• Keystone Mountain Adventures (KMA) - 6- 10- or 13-day adventure-based expeditions for teenagers.
• Youth Policy Summit (YPS) - YPS Blends science, adventure and fun into one exciting program that
invites teens, ages 14-18, to experience just how real-life public policy problems are solved.
Full Day starting from $70
Full Week starting from $325
Reservations required to guarantee a spot. Walk-up availability determined by 8:00 am.
Please call 800-215-5585.
Campers should arrive and depart at the time stated for the session in which they are enrolled.
• The Keystone Science School drop-off time is 8:30am-9am, pick-up at 4:30pm-5pm.
Note: KSS is not a drop-off option for the Splash Camp or Camp Spider Monkey programs
• The Farmer’s Corner drop-off time is 8:30am-9am, pick-up at 5pm
• The Silverthorne Recreation Center drop-off time is 8:30am-9am, pick-up at 5pm. Splash Camp Only.
• The Chizzled Fitness & Climbing Club drop-off time is 8:30am-9am, pick-up at 5pm. Spider Monkey Only.*
If you will be running late or have any trouble finding us, please call (970) 455-4228.
Please abide by these time restrictions, as it is extremely difficult for staff to accommodate your child outside of these times. Families late in picking up their child may be charged post-camp fees of $10 for extended supervision.
What Your Camper Should Bring Everyday:
Medium day pack. Please make sure the pack fits comfortably and can easily carry the following items:
• Medium day pack. Please make sure the pack fits comfortably and can easily carry the following items:
• 1-liter water bottle with a strap or clip or some kind (please no bottles with built-in straws—
• THEY LEAK). One liter is a minimum – more than one bottle is preferable. Alternatively, campers may bring a backpack with an integrated hydration system.
• Sunscreen. Minimum SPF 30 to ensure adequate coverage at high altitude. Please have your child apply sunscreen prior to arriving at camp and we’ll make sure it is re-applied throughout the day. We recommend purchasing the small bottles equipped with a clip to ensure they stay with your child throughout the day.
• Warm layer. Sweatshirt, light wool sweater, or fleece pullover for unexpected temperature drops.
• Rain jacket. Avoid vinyl or plastic ponchos – they rip easily and litter the trails.
• Any necessary medications or health-related items (please make sure these are given to a KSS staff member upon drop-off).
• Breakfast in their bellies. Campers will not eat until noon each day. If you have arranged for the pre-camp option Keystone Science School will provide breakfast for your child.
• Proper Footwear. No flip flops or open toed shoes. A rugged tennis shoe or light weight hiking boot is best.
Keystone Science School provides lunch every Friday for the onsite Day Camp only. Monday – Thursday (M-F for Splash/Spider Monkey), however, all campers are required to bring a packed lunch from home. If you prefer, KSS will provide a lunch for an additional fee of $5 per day. We will provide a daily afternoon snack.
Other Optional Items
Camera and film
Nature field guides
Additional information about Keystone Science School Day Camp